New project.

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), September 23, 2020, 01:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Something I have been meaning to complete for a long long time.
The 'Lean to' in my yard where this will live and work is finished.
Collecting bits n bobs now... There will be a door - not shown.
Can you guess what it will be?

I'll post more as this progresses!
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

No guesses?

Some more fab.

Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

recoil junky

A box with "fab" in it.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jamie.270

Oh sure,...  Pique my curiosity and then leave me out in the cold.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Waiting for my new Tig welder* & some other bits n bobs!
But all the major parts are there, just not quite assembled into a working condition.
The metal 'bit' has seen a small amount of progress, a smidge of machining so is ready for final finishing - I'm wondering how well the metal bit will function.

The AGA finally croaked :( and tigged its last tig - gutted, as I had planned to Tig braze all the parts.
Found a great deal on a newish machine which should be a good replacement, hopefully will be sorted on that front soon. The guy selling it is a pro welder that I Know. I wanted his advise on Tig sets. Simply put, it was avoid all chinese sets! We talked about some of the 'better' marques out there Fronius being the Rolls Royce standard but I really did not have that sort of cash laying around to throw at one...

So, Jamie, it did start out as being a project that could be finished a little quicker but the gods decided to interfere and throw a big wrench into it - a £1500 wrench really was  not needed!

More news next week!
Turvey Stalking

jaeger88

The long talked about Smoker ?. Maybe a cold smoker ?.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Yup! Cold smoker. No surprises now!
Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Smoke generator complete, you can see in the photo 32mm bore reinforced silicone ducting to suit good up to 200°C - never gonna get there but vacuum cleaner plastic hose would doubtless melt!

Turvey Stalking

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: