Getting rid of unwanted trees permanently

Started by Paul Hoskins, October 07, 2020, 08:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Been trying to find a way to kill unwanted trees, roots & all. I cut them  down but trees like black locust send up sprouts from the roots and keep spreading. I found the best solution is drilling a hole in the body of the offending tree at around  a 45 degree angle downward around 4 or 5 inches deep & big enough to insert a short section of an old  garden hose. This piece of hose only needs to be 3 or 4 inches long with one end cut at roughly 45 degrees. I force the square end into the hole & turn it with the 45 degree open end up so it's fairly level. The only reason for this is to make it easy to pour the  hole full of Amine 2-4-D brush killer. This time of year the sap is going down & it sucks the brush killer to the roots. Kills everything including sprouts & roots. You may have to fill the tube & hole again later to  be more effective. Especially on larger trees. I did this to a peach tree about 6 or 7 inches in diameter. Three days later the leaves were drooping & turning red. .......I used the battery powered drill & a 7/8 inch spade drill, inserted the piece of garden hose & filled with brush killer. Only took minutes. Trying it on mulberry, elm & redbud now. ......One could probably use  diesel fuel, rock salt or a number of things to kill them but not like brush  killer. ........Paul H

sakorick

Or borrow your buddies Bobcat and......
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I recognize the driveway. What were those trees, Rick?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: