Older Scottish beauties

Started by Paul Hoskins, October 02, 2020, 06:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

These two older beauties are my Scottish cousins. The pictures were made when they were both in their 80's. Pansy died recently. She was about two years older  than I am. Lela is still living and is about my age. We all have snow white hair. Pansy was my buddy, friend & close confidant. A real sweetheart of a lady. The grandfathes of both were brothers. Both girls kept their beauty all their lives. Simple mountain women beauty.  .......Paul H

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

The attached photo is one of my G G grandfather & grandmoter on my mothers side of the family. They are the patriarch & matriarch of all the Barnetts in the holler where I was born & reared. He is John Anderson Barnett. His wife was a Pursiful. My grandmother Hoskins was a Pursiful & descendant of hers. I am related to both on both sides of my family. The Pursifuls filed a "patent" (claim) on 50 acres straddling Shelaliah Creek back in the early 1800's. John Barnett married into the family & filed a "patent" on 50 acres adjoining the Pursiful patent. My grandfather Hoskins married into the Pursiful clan around 1898 & eventually bought  the property. ......John Barnett is the G grandfather of Pansy. He is the G G uncle of Lela.  .......Paul H

gitano

Amazing age of that picture!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

For sure that they didn't worry about the dems taking their guns back then!:grin:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

Paul, I have several old pictures of my ancestors from the 1800's. I'm not positive about the caliber of the old Colt Lightning he is holding. From what I've "heard" it was a 38 caliber. It was a large frame model & was possibly  a 38/56 or 38/55. I suppose since there was still, deer, bear & other big game  around plus certain other people that wanted to kill him he felt the need for a powerful gun with a lot of firepower. One fellow walked for miles to kill him. He should have just forgot  it & stayed home.  ......Paul H

Tags: