Contender

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), October 01, 2018, 05:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Looks real good. Whatcha making?  ......Paul H

gemihur

Joe,
I recognize it as building a contender barrel.
What's the chamber?
Fine work.
I am envious.
Thanks for sharing,
Jimmy

gitano

Good to 'see' you, gemihur.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Big Missouri welcome to gemihur.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gemihur

Thanks, I'm from St. Louis originally.

jaeger88

I'm taking a slightly educated guess, that this is a fast twist. .223 barrel, chambered in .22 LR, designed to stabilize, & therefore wring the maximum accuracy out of Aguila .22-SSS Sniper Sub Sonic ammo ?.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

gemihur

Jaeger,
My barrels largely consist of Wildcats but this one is from SSK and chambered in 444 Marlin. But I like the way you think.
Along the 22's, I do have a 21" 222 Rem mag improved and a 14" 223 Ackley.

gemihur

I've learned to appreciate smaller bullets.
Here's an SSK Bbl in 6x223 that someone lathed down the front 9" and needed a special forearm

jaeger88

Ah, I'm sorry gemihur, I was actually responding to J0e_bl0ggs original post as to the caliber of the barrel he was working on. Sorry for the confusion !.

None the less, your choice of calibers is interesting.

Unfortunately in the UK, the average firearms owner doesn't have the luxury of being able to easily play with wildcat calibers. We have to give "good reason" to possess each & every gun & its caliber, to justify owning it.

Its a bit different for Registered Firearms Dealers though.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

gemihur

I'd like to know the chamber on that barrel too.
To make one that actually locks up on the frame would really have to comply with many critical points.
I've had to 'fit many factory barrels by dressing their bolts.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I chambered it in 22Hornet, also use an adaptor to fire the Aguilla sss rimfire ammo
Turvey Stalking

Tags: