Caught Me a Hornet

Started by recoil junky, July 03, 2020, 05:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

17 Hornet that is.

Only has 71 rounds through it. Came with brass, dies (if Gunter can find them) bullets and the 6.5-20X44 Leupold scope all for 680 bones.

My first CZ. People call it a mini Mauser, I think it's closer to a mini 1917 Enfield myself.

Range report when I get ammo made.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Very cool!

Waiting with bait on my breath for the range report.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

So, the range report is on hold due to my trying to be healthy I've managed to "aggravate" a tendon on the outside of my left foot while riding my bicycle!!!!

I have loaded five for testing. 8.8 grains of Lil' Gun, 20 grain Vmax, 7 1\2 match primer in Hornady brass.

And with those 5 I have managed to dispatch 3 ground squirrels with three shots!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

recoil junky

Hafta back up a bit first.

My green powder funnel was too big for the teeny cases so I sawed off the head of a .204 Ruger case and soldered it to Dad's funnel. It just does fit over the neck if the 17 Hornet.

As is normal the wind came up just as I sat down to shoot with a stiff gust from about 10:00 every few seconds which I didn't time very well. Not bad for the conditions but if wind permits I'll have another go in the morning.

Those teeny 20 grain bullets sure do float!!

RJ

gitano

Assuming that's 100yd, the vertical spread of less than 1" is pretty good. Of course most of the horizontal can be attributed to the wind. It's been 9 months or so, so looking for more dead targets.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

I love those Brno / CZ rifles, nice.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

Those Brno CZ rifles are a lot of gun for the money!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: