Holy Cow!

Started by gitano, August 06, 2022, 07:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Last March my house in Utah had a bad flood. ($60,000+ in damage.)  The severity of the damage was primarily a function of the fact that the house was unoccupied. Last month, it flooded again! Fortunately, this time the leak was caught in a timely manner, and 'only' about $2000 in damage. 😠 ENOUGH ALREADY! I bought some leak sensors that communicate with me through WI-FI. Which is the reason for this post.

I ordered them - from Amazon - YESTERDAY, and they arrived TODAY!

Not in Alaska, of course, but still ... Yikes that's fast! Less than 15 hours between ordered and delivered! Like I said; Holy cow!

No wonder people like Amazon...

On the other hand, this just illustrates what living "at the end of the road" really means.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

I resisted for a long time, but "supply chain" shortages drove me to give 'em a try too.
Dayumed if they didn't come through.
Their vendors sure know when something is in short supply though.
 My dog's food price went up 118% in 3 months. :eek:  :Banghead:  

Not much else I can do when my local suppliers are out, and have been out since
April.  :cry:

Glad it worked out for ya Paul.
Even if you don't like lining Bezos' pockets any more than I do.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

sakorick

I use Amazon all the time for nearly everything. Linn County Missouri is akin to Kanorado, Kansas or  Wales, Alaska. My Amazon orders arrive in two days.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jorge in Oz

I buy my dog flea collars and Jesse's Latin books. Also have Amazon Prime.

We have a lot of floods here the towns on either side of us flood but fortunately we are a bit higher and further from the river.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: