j0e_bl0ggs

Started by gitano, January 13, 2023, 10:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Once again I am here to mark the passing of a dear friend. This one, Alain Truba, AKA j0e_bl0ggs.

He passed away this morning while in the care of the National Health Service in Leicester, England. Alain was a very good friend of mine. He was an exceptional engineer, and quite an accomplished machinist/"gunsmith". He was a 'no nonsense'  kind of a guy with little tolerance for BS, but a 'diplomat', he wasn't. However, he very rarely, very rarely, was wrong. Which often made his particular form of 'bedside manner' all the more aggravating. Nevertheless, he was a great asset to me and to THL, and THL would not have survived as long as it has without his help.

As you know, back in August Alain lost his beloved dog, Jesse. That, coupled with the loss of his job, (the business he had worked at for 30 years folded up), broke his spirit. Basically, he simply lost the will to live.

I shall miss Alain greatly,

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I am very sad to hear that. He always had great insight.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

davidlt89

Very sad news indeed! I always think of Alain when I shoot my 375 H&H. When I first got it, Alain sent me a message and told me to send the measurements of my barrel to him. When I asked why, he stated, "You need a muzzle brake for it." I told him that would not be necessary in which he replied, "just send the measurements!". I am glad I did that.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Again big loss, I liked his direct no-nonsense approach that many may be offended but I like it when when someone tells it to you straight even if it ruffles my feathers initially. I always think about what has been said to me to see if there is truth in what is being said. Sometimes good advice doesn't come sugar coated. Much talent gone there. Very sad.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: