I wa going to sell this rifle.......

Started by sakorick, April 12, 2023, 07:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I was going to sell my Husqvarna M1600. The rifle was born in early 1954 SN166522. It is marked 30-06 U.S. and has the crown nitro seal on the barrel. The plastic butt plate has the Husqvarnabrinks crest and an import mark from Williamsburg Virginia. The rifle itself is a modified small ring Mauser and has many improvements like the long easy to use safety and of course the huge claw extractor. The rifle is in near mint mint condition with a 23 1/2 barrel that is bright and gauges at <.1 ME.. I love the schnable forend and the checkering on the grip. Operationally it has two feature I really like....the easy button you press down to remove the bolt and the easy pull toggle to drop the floorplate. Check out the pictures of this 69 year old treasure which I am not going to sell!
[ATTACH]16407[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]16410[/ATTACH]
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Very nice! Glad you're keeping it.

Back in the '50s and '60s, my older brother enthusiastically extolled the virtues of Husqvarna rifles. He had one chambered in .270 Winchester. I would have gotten my first rifle as a Husqvarna .270 but they only had Winchesters in the Rod & Gun Club in Murnau, Germany.

I have a real soft spot in my heart for Husqvarna SxS shotguns made between 1850 and 1920. They fit me like a glove and some of them have extraordinary damascus barrels.

In the process of getting some of Alain's (AKA j0e_bl0ggs) guns imported, I have made acquaintance with a gun dealer in England. I have them looking for Husqvarna shotguns for me of the vintage mentioned above. (As well as drillings - :D) In doing so I mentioned that I liked damascus barrels and was a little surprised, (because GB is such a 'nanny state'), to find them in agreement with me about the American stupidity regarding damascus barrels. !@#$%^&*ing American gunwriters. (Ptooey!) I suppose I should consider the 'silver lining' to the cloud that American gunwriters (ptooey) represent: Because of their corruption, deceit and stupidity some of the firearms I like are less expensive because of their corruption and stupidity and lies.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Not all of them are ignorant but they certainly represent the vast majority!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: