Spring Migration Pictures

Started by gitano, April 25, 2023, 09:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

It's Springtime in Alaska, (and it's not "40 below" per Johnny Horton), and the birds are migrating! Most of them on their way to breeding grounds on the tundra - either the North Slope, or Western Alaska. On their way, they stop by my house. Sometimes I get a chance to take their pictures. The following are:
Trumpeter Swans, American Widgeon (AKA Balpates), Canvasback ducks, Pintail ducks (AKA Sprigs), White-fronted geese (AKA Specklebeiies), Canada geese. All the pictures were taken from 50 to 200 yards from the birds.

This guy flew overhead with the sky behind. I assumed it was an immature Bald Eagle. After AGGRESSIVE post-aquisition processing, I could see that it was indeed just that.

Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jamie.270

Purty birds.

I grew up paddling my kayak around in the upper Klamath NWR.
Those places come alive with bird sounds almost overnight in spring.
When I see those pics I can hear the chuckling of ducks and the redwing blackbird calls, and the "screeee" of the Bs-o-P circling above, all over again.

Thanks for sharing Paul.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Thank you.

No bird song signals Spring for me more than the redwing blackbird's!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Quote from: gitano;156957
No bird song signals Spring for me more than the redwing blackbird's!

Paul
I do believe that's a universal truth for many people. (in N. America)
Me especially!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

codger

Jamie.270

Tags: