Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GUNS & AMMO > FIREARMS & OPTICS > Collector's Corner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Re: Finnish capture Mosin Nagant
Old 06-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Administrator

gitano is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finnish capture Mosin Nagant

I like to see the $300 price tag. That means all of the ones I bought 15 years ago for $100 to $120 have 'appreciated'. It's time to start liquidating those assets.

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing the range report. These Finnish rifles and the Swiss K-31s are the most precise-shooting milsurp rifles I have ever shot. "Right out of the box", meaning with standard milsurp ammo and no fancy sights. Both these models - in the rifles I own - shoot as well as MOST, modern, over-the-counter hunting arms available today. To MY eye, the MN is a skank, (and the k-31 isn't much better), but MAN! the Finn M-39 and the k-31 shoot STRAIGHT!

Here's how well I think of the k-31: I took it on a fly-in (meaning no "back-up") caribou hunt.

That's a k-31 laying across that caribou. True, I put an aftermarket 'scope (2x) on it, but only to aid my aging eyes. I wouldn't have bothered if the rifle didn't shoot straight to start with. The Finnish M-39 is just as good a shooter. I didn't take one of them because I think they're too ugly to be seen in the woods HUNTING with.

Paul
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~ C.S. Lewis.

Do not confuse technical skill for wisdom and do not confuse strength for skill. Paul Skvorc