Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GUNS & AMMO > FIREARMS & OPTICS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

New boom stick, and maybe more...
Old 11-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Senior Family Member

babbyc1000 is on a distinguished road
Big Grin New boom stick, and maybe more...

heh heh im sure everyones sick of me talking about getting a new shotgun lately, finally got it last night, a mossberg 500. its got wooden furniture, red bead sight and top rib (not rifle sights as on some models). it was priced at 265 in the gun shop as it was 2nd hand - mint condition tho, only 1 small glitch with the top rib but easily fixed - my mates dad was in pricing a new .22lr (broke his anschutz recently) and decided hed like something a bit bigger as well, maybe a .223. he was taking a while looking at the rifles so i thought id look at the shotguns. asked the owner how much he'd do the mossberg for, he said because it was 2nd hand i could "talk to him" about the price, so i said i wasnt really looking to spend more than 200, what was the best he could do?

he liftted the gun from the rack, looked at it and said "200 even will be fine" - my wallet was out of my pocket so fast it probably broke the sound barrier lol!

i had to go back to the house to get my old single barrel (to trade in) and my licence to get the new one put on, but as of 9pm last night im the proud owner of a mossberg 500

im considering going for a higher powered rifle in a few months though. some of the .222 and .223's i saw last night really caught my eye. there was also a guy in picking up a new .305 deer rifle, though dont think ill be stretching to that yet - the scope on it alone cost 1050 so i dreaded to ask what the rifle was!

but the best thing about it was when katya walked into the house after work last night. i had the mossberg sitting on the sofa beside me, she never realised and thought it was the benelli, until i pointed out that she has just bought me my christmas present....