Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Well I never !! some of you may recall this
Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Senior Family Member

Brithunter is on a distinguished road
Default Well I never !! some of you may recall this

Now this is dragging up a very old story on THL which some of the longer term members may recall.

Several years back I acquired this old Wade & BUtcher of Sheffield made knife:-

As you can see it's the "Boone" model obviously aimed at the US market. The sheath is a bit worse for wear so i engaged a leather worker to amke a new one at one of our Bisley shows. He drew an outline of theblade which he said was enough for him to make the sheath and declined to take the knife as well.

Well the sheath that arrived in the post did not fit and after a phone discussion the knife and new sheath were posted off to Scotland to be rectified and that was the last seen of it until this morning.

This all came about due to a post on The Stalking Directory which i read and low and behold it was about this Mr Moore. One of the replies had a link to his web site which i clicked then after reading some sent him an e-mail enquiring about my knife as by now I was sure it was the same Mr Moore. I got a quite prompt reply and he had posted the knife via special delivery and it arrived this morning. he had kept it still in the box I sent it to him it seems but had moved several times over the years.

The "new" sheath still does not fit so i will look or a leather worker more locally whom will make one for me. As the knife is carbon steel it was abit dull so I gave it polish up and general clean.

I honestly thought it was gone for good an this was a very welcome surprise. About time our luck took a turn for the better methinks and perhaps .................................................. ... just perhaps this is the start of it.

Oh yes those photos are old ones from when I first acquired the kinfe.