Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Photobucket Rug Pulled
Old 08-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Family Member

SmokeyJoe is on a distinguished road
Default Photobucket Rug Pulled

Not sure if others are already aware of this but owing to the fact it just cost me several hours fixing images on some important forum threads I have running on other forums on other matters, I thought it worth a mention in case it saves someone else time cursing like I have been!

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/pho...-embedded-web/

Ok, I get it, you can say it's their right to charge, fine. Annoying, but fine. However, they made this move a while ago, and only yesterday I spent a lot of time uploading images which all worked nicely in my forum posts, for twenty four hours! Suddenly all disappeared leaving placeholders instead of my images, no doubt deliberately designed that way to back me into a corner and try to force me (or some more stupid versions of me) to pay up the extortionate fee they demand in order to continue serving up my images in my threads going back many years. No chance! Better to spend a few hours switching to another service and leave some spicy feedback for them on my account closure request. Actually, having done so, I now feel quite refreshed knowing that my history of image posting online (not a huge amount but enough) is completely removed. It feels like I just cleared some very long cookies
So I have deleted my photo bucket accounts in light of their removal of service and no doubt demise (which I shall personally enjoy watching!)

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think". (Some German guy)