Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GUNS & AMMO > FIREARMS & OPTICS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Purchasing Barrels
Old 03-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Senior Family Member

Jorge in Oz is on a distinguished road
Default Purchasing Barrels

Hi guys,

We had a discussion about barrel exports from the US I think it related to my Enfield No4 MkI which is now a designated tomato stake (Im still considering your offer Rick of the replacement barrel but Im a caretaker of this rifle for many years now and my friend and I have not agreed on a sales price as Im in two minds to hold on to it).

Paul mentioned that barrels are now a restricted item for exports for businesses but not for individuals. Now with that in mind I have two items of interest at Numrich. They are a Brazilian Mauser 1922 Carbine Reconditioned 19.5" 7 x 57 Barrel for $41.95 with an additional shipping charge of $1 and the other is a Dutch Hembrug Mannlicher Carbine 6.5 x 54R Barrel for $73.45 with an additional shipping charge of $1.

Now is there any chance I can send one of you gentlemen the money (including postage to you and postage to Oz) to purchase these barrels for me and then you would on forward it to me, or would that be too difficult. I would not want any of you to do anything thats not lawful. I would also cover any out of pocket expenses if this is out of your way to do.

Let me know your thoughts as I cannot get barrels for that price here and I have my eye on two carbine projects that these barrels would be perfect for.

Thank you for your assistance on this one.
Cheers
Jorge

The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity. ― Leonard Ravenhill