Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Llano John Update
Old 07-29-2015, 04:11 PM
New Family Member

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Llano John Update

Hey guys,
This is Andy Dear, John Talley's cousin. It's been quite some time since I last posted, but I wanted to let y'all know what's going on with John. He is still in the nursing home/rehab facility here in Comfort Texas. His condition is about the same...not really any worse. He has gained a VERY small amount of feeling back in his right foot over the last year. Additionally if you ask him to move his right trigger finger, you can actually see a very small amount of muscle movement on the top of his right hand. Its VERY small, but at least it's something. He has good days and bad days...sort of depends upon what time of day you see him and how close that is to when he takes his meds. He still is pretty adamant about not doing any sort of rehab or physical therapy, which is disappointing, but it is what it is. He still mentions the board from time to time, and I know he misses interacting with all of you. At this stage of the game, I don't see him really getting any significantly better, as he refuses to engage in rehab that may help his condition. I feel certain he'll remain mostly bed ridden and disabled for the remainder of his life, which is really too bad. His mental faculties are still good, even though his speech is slow. Strokes are odd things....he cant remember hardly any of the 7 years he lived in Castell, but he can rattle off powder charges and ballistics for any caliber you ask him about. I try to see him at least once a week for an hour or two, so if any of you guys have any messages you want to relay I'm happy to do so.

Best Regards,

Andy