Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Re: Found an Old Betty Crocker Cook Book from 1951
Old 08-07-2018, 06:13 AM
Senior Family Member

Paul Hoskins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Found an Old Betty Crocker Cook Book from 1951

Paul, your words echo almost exactly what I have felt for many years. The difference between our beliefs is the education gap. I have very little education but that doesn't mean I can't think. It only means I don't know how to put my words together to express my thoughts. You do. Is there some unknown connection between people with the name Paul? Maybe not. ........You talk about "modern" people living today not being able to survive on their own. I'll agree completely. I often think about my childhood & the childhood of today's people. Today's children can't even comprehend how I lived or how my ancestors lived. They;re so brainwashed they don't even know a 14 dollar watch tells the same time a 300 dollar watch does or a Ford takes you as far as a Mercedes does. Most of my ancestors ate from the garden they raised themselves & whatever food animals they raised themselves whether it be beef, goats, sheep, chickens or wild game. They wasted none of it because it was fat or didn't taste good. Most of my ancestors lived to be at least 80 years old with MANY living into their 90's to 112 years old. All my siblings are still living. The youngest is over 75 years old. To this day we still shun store bought food if possible. We all know it's made mostly from genetically modified sources in one form or another. Betty Crocker's book was published when I was in my teens & the diet reflects the diet we strived for if it was available. Our milk was straight from the source as was the eggs or anything else we ate. No middle man to dilute or water it down & "purify" it. There is no history of cancer or heart disease in my ancestors. They ate whatever they wanted if available & as much as they wanted. .......Our own government & the media is the downfall of our society & our way of life. .......Paul H