Administrator

gitano is on a distinguished road
Default Story of My Life of Late

May 29, 2020

PAUL SKVORC
PO BOX 870503
WASILLA AK 99687-0503

Dear PAUL :

Thank you for your recent applications for Big Game. Your results are as follows:

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

UNSUCCESSFUL: Bison

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

UNSUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Buck Pronghorn

UNSUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Bull Elk

UNSUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Buck Deer

Permits remaining after the drawing may be purchased on a first-come, first-served basis at participating license agents, Division offices and online at wildlife.utah.gov. For details, see page 14 of the 2020 Big Game Field Regulations Guidebook. Visit https://wildlife.utah.gov/remaining-permits.html to view a list of remaining permits.

Thank you.
Utah Wildlife Administrative Services

HOWEVER... That was expected as I have a new strategy for drawing hunt applications: I apply ONLY for "Trophy" hunts. Those hunts usually require MANY "points" (years of applications) to draw. If you don't get drawn for a hunt (any hunt, "trophy" or not), you get a "preference point". I could simply apply for a preference point, but this way, there is a chance - VERY SMALL - that I will actually get drawn for the trophy hunt because I don't have enough points. However, there is still a CHANCE, however minuscule it might be. If I get drawn YIPPEE! Otherwise, I get a preference point anyway. Plus, these trophy hunts all have very high success rates, so if I do by some chance get drawn, the odds of success are very high. If I'm gonna pay non-resident hunting fees, I'd like to have some expectation of success. So, while the above 'rejection slip' is in keeping with my drawing success of late, (remember, it took me THIRTY FIVE YEARS to draw the buffalo), the outcome was expected. The troof iz, I would have been shocked had I been drawn for any one of them.

Paul
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~ C.S. Lewis.

Do not confuse technical skill for wisdom and do not confuse strength for skill. Paul Skvorc