Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Bionic ears
Old 03-18-2021, 05:54 PM
Senior Family Member

Paul Hoskins is on a distinguished road
Default Bionic ears

I finally decided to try hearing aids. I don't like them but at least I can hear some better. There's still a lot of adjusting on them to get them 'right.' They may never be 'right' but I'm sure they can remove a lot of the 'static & clicking' noise in a conversation. Among other noises. Crushing a thin plastic water bottle sounds like a string of firecrackers going off. Even the tiniest noise is overly loud. I AM delighted to hear birds again. Muffin's voice sounds like it did 25 years ago too.

I ain't happy with the Beltone lady hearing test & sales lady at all. She is a con & scammer. They had three grades of behind the ear aids. Grade one is 2 thousand for two Grade 2 is four grand. Grade 3 is 6 grand for two. I decided on grade two because she told me it came with a battery charger. The next day she called me & said she was mistaken because grade two doesn't come with a battery charger. If I wanted the one with a battery charger I had to buy the grade three at six grand. She said she "miss spoke." She;s a liar. Been selling them for over 6 years & didn't know that? Con artist & scammer. No way I'm paying 2 grand for a stinking two dollat battery charger.

I'll prolly have to make several trips up there to get them adjusted and get the crinkling sound out of them but so far so good. .......Paul H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4759.JPG (105.4 KB, 10 views)