Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GUNS & AMMO > FIREARMS & OPTICS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

paul's action
Old 03-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

sakorick is on a distinguished road
Default paul's action

So, Paul and I swapped actions as I was looking for a M95/96 to build Evan's new deer rifle....a 6.5-55 sporter. When I got home from AK I just parked it in the basement. Well after Evan's 3 deer 4 shot performance I broke out the Ludwig and Lowe and started a plan. But first, I just had to find out what the double L/C cartouche was all about as I had never seen one(and I thought I had seen them all). So I went to the Mauser forum and asked the ?....What is this thing. Then I found out that it was a rare commercial variant and only 10,000 were produced, and that was 123 years ago! So this nice fellow PM'd me and said that he would like to trade actions and he had a nice M93/95 that he would drill and tap for me if I would trade. Well that was an easy decision! The another fellow PM'd me and said he had a brand new 6.5 MM Short Mauser small thread barrel in the white for $130 delivered.....another easy decision. So, in summary, the bolt is being bent, I have a complete barreled action D&T for 2 piece mounts and a Timney trigger somewhere in hiding. I'll get my buddy Skaggs to set the headspace and slap the works in a Boyds thumbhole stock and Evan will be the proud owner of a custom 6.5-55 SM for deer hunting this fall. Another happy ending.