Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Two of my favorite cats
Old 03-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Senior Family Member

Paul Hoskins is on a distinguished road
Default Two of my favorite cats

I'm not talking about domestic cats. By my lights, there's no "good" domestic cats. I guess my favorite cat is the jaguar with African leopards a close second. I like cheeta's but their personality is too domestic to suit me. Nice kitties and lovable tho. Jaguars and leopards do it alone. They need no pride or siblings to help them survive. Both have more venom than a truckload of cobras when cornered. Both cats are lightning quick & have a lot of talent in their paws and teeth. When attacked the leopard flops on it's back & uses all four feet as well as it's teeth. I don't know if jaguars do this or not but they have nothing to fear in their habitat except other jaguars or snakes.

I never met a leopard in the wild. Only one jaguar back in 1955 in the jungles of Panama. It was a melanistic jaguar. It walked up on me while I was sitting resting. It's possible it had been stalking me but for some reason I just don't think so. We were both dumbfounded when we realized the other was there. I most likely swallowed my heart three times. I wasn't afraid, just shocked that something that big was there just 20 feet away & I wasn't aware of it. .......I like bobcats too. They'll follow you thru the woods but you seldom see or hear them. I found the best way to see one if you suspect you're being followed is stop & be perfectly still a while. Apparently they follow by the sound you make & if things get quiet, their curosity gets the best of them & they come looking for you. .......Paaul H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leopard.jpg (95.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Jaguar.jpg (135.2 KB, 6 views)