Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GUNS & AMMO > FIREARMS & OPTICS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

My first trade!
Old 02-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Moderator at Large

davidlt89 has disabled reputation
Default My first trade!

Well, I had purchased 20 330 conibears from the guy that passed me all the adc work and gave him a couple hundred dollars. Probably should have looked at them first! Good traps for a beginning trapper to get started, they will catch beaver, but I need some stronger springs and sure catches with the adc work I will be doing. So, I gave 5 to apeters to get her started along with other things, and i put the rest up for sale.

I sold them today and the guy that bought them bought 7 old foothold traps I had hanging out for 30.00 also. Well, as we were waking out of the basement he seen the gun cabinet and wanted to know if I had any rifles for sale.

As fate would have it I had the 45/70 up for sale for over two weeks now. decided i needed the traps, and I want new bridgers!!! I also decided I am taking the 375 H&H to the bear stand so no need for the 45/70.

So I took it out and he was impressed, he just did not want to pay the full amount so he started "wheeling and dealing". at first I turned him down but as I thought about it texted him back and did some "wheeling and dealing" myself.

He had a stoeger over and under not even out of the box yet and wanted to give me cash for the rest to cover the 45/70. I told him I would take the shot gun with my older boy in mind and I wanted 200.00 cash to cover at least a dozen traps and he was sold!!!!

So I have never made a trade before, kind of fun!!!!! God Bless.

2 Donít copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know Godís will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.