Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

US Postal Service Logic
Old 05-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Administrator

gitano is on a distinguished road
Default US Postal Service Logic

Back on March 30, pleased with the H&R project, I decided to buy another H&R Topper action. Including postage for letter to send USPS Money Order, and Money Order cost, the whole came to $76. MO was sent via Priority Mail. Priority Mail is GUARANTEED to be delivered within 5 days, or you get your money back.

Three weeks later, I contact the seller of the action and ask if he's sent it yet. His response is "I haven't received the MO." After sending him pictures of the receipt for the MO AND the receipt for the Priority Mail ($6.75), he assures me he hasn't received the MO.

I start "looking".

The first place I look is online tracking. No info on the MO, but the Priority Mail envelope (with tracking number) was last logged into the USPS system on April 2, 3 days after it was sent. The tracking says, "In transit".

Next, I talk with my friend at the local PO. He tells me 1) Can't 'trace' the MO for 60 days after it was issued. 2) If I cancel it, it will cost ME $5.75 to get a new one reissued in the same amount. 3) I should get in touch with Anchorage "head office" to start "finding" the Priority Mail envelope because they can access more "resources".

I called them. Last week. They "looked" and found EXACTLY the same thing I found, which was NOTHING. They said they would look into it, and call me back THAT DAY. Today, 12 DAYS LATER, I called them back. Same story.

I pointed out to them that THEY lost the envelope with the MO in it, and there is no argument there. Right? "Yes".

So let me get this straight:
1) YOU lose the letter that I had to pay $6.75 for postage,
2) In the letter was the UPSP MO for which I paid the face value of $60, PLUS $1.50 for purchase,
3) The USPS has NOT delivered the letter in the GUARANTEED 5 days, and
4) YOU want ME to PAY YOU ANOTHER $5.75 to get another MO!?!?

Lots of people LOVE to HATE the USPS. I am not one of them. I simply LOVE them because we, here in Alaska, get RAPED by UPS and FedEx. I can't even write UPS or FedEx names without getting angry. I DESPISE both of those companies. However, this fiasco with this MO is 'beyond the pale'.

Paul
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~ C.S. Lewis.

Do not confuse technical skill for wisdom and do not confuse strength for skill. Paul Skvorc