goose

Started by davidlt89, October 09, 2007, 08:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Well, I bit the bullet and oredered some goose decoys and have been trying to learn as much as I can. I went twice in the early season with some friends, fired 9 times and got one goose. I took it home, breasted it out, cut it into strips and fried it. I thought it was pretty good but I am wondering how some of you seasoned goose hunters cook them. Any and all reciped would be welcomed.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Smokepole

I posted this awhile back.
I found this recipe for goose stew and gave it a try. It is for 8-10 people so I scaled it back abit.

I took two goose breasts and made a "goose stew" last weekend. It was something new to try with the meat. This recipe calls for 4 breasts but I didn't want to waste the meat if it didn't turn out good.

I also reduced the salt soak to ¼ cup of salt and ¼ cup of instant meat tenderizer. All I can say is that my gang ate the entire pot of stew. Next time I'll have to make a larger batch.

Recipe:
· Soak breasts from four geese overnight in 1/3 C. salt and 2 TBS baking soda.
· Sauté 1 large onion, stalk celery in 4 TBS butter for a few minutes.
· Carve breasts into 2 in. pieces and sauté in the onion/butter mixture for 10 min. at medium to high heat.
· While goose is sautéing, add 2 TBS Worcester sauce and liberal amount of garlic powder. Also add small amount of hot sauce to taste.
· Add 48 oz. can beef consommé (that's the secret) and simmer one hour. During this process, add salt to taste.
· Add vegetables (we use potato, turnip, carrots, cabbage and parsnips
) and simmer at least 30 minutes.
· Serve with rolls or bread and ask your guests how their wild beef stew tastes. Even your non-goose eaters will love it! The above recipe would feed 8-10 people.

Sincerely,
Smokepole

davidlt89

thanks smokepole, I will let you know how it turns out!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Inukshuk

Here's how we do it all the time as a stew.

The whole goose cut up, add small carrots, cut up potatoes, and rice when almost ready. Then dump it all on a big tray on the floor, site around and jump in. Not literaly jumping in.
To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before
Live Long And Prosper

Tags: