Our Walk With God

Started by motor (deceased), February 03, 2008, 08:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motor (deceased)

17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
18 Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honoured.
19 As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man.
20 **** and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.
21 As the fining pot for silver, and the furnace for gold; so is a man to his praise.
22 Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him. Proverbs 27:17-22 kjv.

Our walk with God should be one of constant growth. It should be steady in understanding and applying the truths that God has for us. In verse 19, all too often we only see the outside of ourselves and not really what is inside.this comes out when unexpected things come across our paths. like when the Doctor tells you, you have cancer or your business went under..and my friends the storms of life will come..many times in my 78 years things have happened that i didn't think i could handle but God always made a way..remember what he said in Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." what will be revealed in your life and mine as the things of life come at us unexpected? will we honor God with our actions or will be hang our head in shame? It would be great if we could every time respond in a manner that shows we are different. we will have failures, but if they are in the majority, then there is something wrong in our walk. instead of asking why God does this happen to me, we should ask, what God can i do to honor you..amen..we are told through the Scriptures that we who are children of God have the power of the Spirit of God to help us and to respond correctly. If we are missing the the leading of the Spirit of God, we need to address this by confession, reading of the Word. too many times we try and change the meaning of God's Word to fit our likings.. we need to do what will honor God in our actions. all too we try to follow the worlds leading and we get into all kinds of trouble so allow the Spirit of God to open the eyes of our heart to know that path He has for us and we will have that peace passes all understanding as we walk where God is leading us."Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path".
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: