New I guess

Started by Highstand, October 11, 2004, 03:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highstand

To All:

Well I am not really new but I had to re-register because of the horrible loss of all the information.

To tell you all the truth I have been away from this great board last year due mostly to changing my occupation twice in a year.

I see a lot of the same people on the board. I hope all are well and I cannot wait to meet all the new people that have found the board.

Highstand.

Daryl (deceased)

Welcome back Highstand!  It's good to see you posting again.

Az
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Jay Edward (deceased)

Highstand?  I remember now...kind of a tall fellow but a little on the short side of tall.  Heavy set in sort of an emaciated way.  Curly black hair that is always slicked down with gel.  Matching hands, feet in inches and walks with a crouch on one leg.  Yeah it's all coming back so clearly.  It's 'seared, seared into my memory'. :D

Welcome back Highstand...hope you'll chime in with pics and stories.  Can you let on as to what your new occupation is?

Highstand

Jay:

I used to fix Street lights in my town. I then was called by our local Department of Corrections to Become a Correction Officer which I did for a whole 10 weeks. I then was very fortunate to be called back to the town I live in to be a Police Officer. Which I am now.

Jim

12 gauge

Welcome back highstand!

Glad to see ya back!

This ol' forum hasn't changed much! :rolleyes: ;)

It is good to see ya again..

Wonder what stelmon's email is..like to let him know the site is back up and running again..:confused:

Anyway, welcome back friend!

God bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Highstand

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I just need to talk to sharon to see if I can get my old moderator job back.

12 gauge

Your welcome with the warm welcome!

And good luck with the moderating!

God bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: HighstandI then was very fortunate to be called back to the town I live in to be a Police Officer. Which I am now.  Jim
[/size]

Then we have something else in common.

Highstand

Jay:

You still on or retired?

Jay Edward (deceased)

Retired Highstand.  I was injured and restricted from unarmed combat.  Since there were no desk jobs they figured I should find something else to do.  

I became a machinist/gunmaker.  Started out doing metal work and drifted by necessity quickly into stockmaker.  Being a semi-recluse, my lifestyle wasn't hard to take.

Highstand

Jay:

Sorry to hear that. This job is very easy to get hurt on. Well I hope you are at least able to hunt. Our department has light duty so if you are unfortunately hurt you can at laeast still work.

Jim

Jay Edward (deceased)

Take care of yourself...trust isn't necessarily a good trait in a police officer.  I still keep my back to the wall and an eye on everyone.  The times I saved myself were reaction decided well before anything took place.  My partner and I had most eventualities worked out with specific signals.  

The most brutal fight I had was with a man, the most vicious with a petite woman...the most surprizing with an old woman.  And the most dangerous during a drug bust...he was thinking it over, he looked up into the barrel of my Smith and rethought his options.  After he settled back on his heels I took his Browning 9mm away from him.  I put him down on the ground, handcuffed him and retreated to my squad car.  I took out my AR-18 and jacked one into the chamber (30 round clip).  Everything OK, huh?  Nope!  When we emptied out the back of his panel truck there were three other guys we hadn't seen and many weapons.  Perhaps they thought they were too bunched up to make a fight of it, I don't know.  Maybe they just didn't think my Armalite would jam.:)

Highstand

Jay:

Wow. I have had some tough calls already in my short time on. It is amazing what you see. Even more amazing that civilians have no idea what really happens behind closed doors.

Jim

Highstand

Hey all:

While in this thread is anyone out there ffrom NY?

Jim

Tags: