What's up from the Holy Land....

Started by joeberman334, July 08, 2008, 10:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeberman334

I'm Joe Berman, I live in Jerusalem Israel.  I was born and raised in Montgomery, AL.  I'm here to learn more about African hunting because I'm planning a trip to South Africa with a couple of my buddies for early 2010.  Ok...time to flame the n00b.

Hunterbug

We don't flame here but welcome aboard. Is there any hunting in Israel? What are you planning on hunting in South Africa? A good friend of mine is going there in March for plains game.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

joeberman334

Thanks for the welcome!
There is definetely absolutely no hunting in Israel. The entire country is smaller than New Jersey, 80% of it is desert, and most of the decent hunting (or golfing) land is taken up by farms. We could have some incredible bird hunting here because twice a year we have the world's largest bird migration (being that we are the land bridge between Europe and Africa)....but the government won't allow it. I honestly don't think too many people here would be interested in it if they did offer it. Jews are not traditionally big hunters.  I have a buddy here who is also from Alabama so we're going to South Africa for some plains hunting.  We don't have the cash for any of the Big 5.  Still, it looks like it will be amazing.
:biggthumpup:

Alboy

welcome to the camp Joe.

One of the best men I ever knew was OD  Massey, an Alabama Crimson Tide man. Taught 9th gtade math, may he rest in peace.

Any way welcome in, looking forward the visit. Your right on the newbie, you have dish washing duties till the next comes in.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

Welcome Joe, enjoy yourself! looking forward to stories and pictures from that african hunt. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: