Martini trap gun

Started by Hunterbug, November 21, 2008, 10:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

I was talking to a guy, Robert, yesterday and he was asking about my Martini trap gun. So here are some pictures so that he can see it.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

I tried to talk HB out of this piece when I was down there, but I couldn't quite pull it off. :) It is a very nice firearm.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

"bug' that is a nice one, first one i ever seen.......... Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Quote from: buckshot roberts;86141"bug' that is a nice one, first one i ever seen.......... Ron

Same for me, HB...that is one beautiful piece!  One question for ya........is that "fiddleback" Maple or Myrtle??

Really gorgeous wood and excellent workmanship!!

Ol' John:Banghead: :sleeping:
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Hunterbug

I've never even fired it but I need to do that here one of these days. I'm not sure what the wood is, I think maple. It was built when I got it so I didn't have any input or it would be a rifle, not a shotgun.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

kombi1976

That's a lovely piece, mate.
You should look around for someone who can convert it to a take-down/switch-bbl gun with a rifle bbl.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Paul Hoskins

Beautiful workmanship on the wood. The wood is striped/fiddleback maple with rosewood decorations. Myrtlewood and walnut are very similar in color. .........Paul H

Hunterbug

To turn it into a rifle I would like to find a way to keep the original fore end but I don't know if it would be possible. If not I don't know if I could find a matching piece of wood and if I did I'm sure that it wouldn't be cheap.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Paul Hoskins

Bug, thats no problem. It's pretty easy to match a new forearm to the buttstock. I have rosewood for a new decoration on the fore end piece. Striped maple to match is no problem.    ...........Paul H

Daryl (deceased)

Hmm...trap gun, or...trap gun?

:D ;)

A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Hunterbug

Quote from: kombi1976That's a lovely piece, mate.
You should look around for someone who can convert it to a take-down/switch-bbl gun with a rifle bbl.

The guy that built it also made a take down rifle with a Martini action. It had 3 1/2 octaginal barrels with it's own scope mounted to the barrel. One each in 22 Hornet, 357 Maximum, and 25-35. It had a beautiful wooden case too. His widow would not part with this one or I would have been all over it!

Niccolo Machiavelli

kombi1976

It must've been a Cadet action, right?
Sounds like a lovely piece.
Enough gun to hunt most things at close to medium range.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

LvrLover

"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Tags: