Another hog story

Started by Paul Hoskins, January 04, 2009, 06:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

According to the story running around the net now, this 1,800 plus pound hog was killed in northern Lousiana. No details yet. Personally, I find it rather difficult to believe. From the pictures it appears to be a wild Russian type hog but it's difficult for me to believe a Russian or any "wild' hog can attain this weight without a LOT of help from someone. I've been wrong before. ......Paul H

gitano

I think the "help" is Photoshop.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

bowhunter 51

I agree...................................................................................................BH51.........
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Daryl (deceased)

I'm not sure it's even photoshopped.

All you have  to do is have him back behind the hog a ways, and have the hog close to the camera.

If it was really that big, they wouldn't have to hide him back so far behind the hog.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Alboy

What ever but some body went to a lot of trouble to change the ground under an "1800" lb hog for a little photo op, reeks of first lier aint got a chance.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

A promotional for this Nature Tour bussiness, no  doubt....I can see
crop/paiste evidence and the size of it's head between the 2nd & 3rd
image isn't the same....I must admit...they did a good job..........BH51.....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

There's only so much you can do with "get the subject close and the people far back" due to field of view issues. I s'pose we all could sniff out some anomolies with the photos. The short story is, I ain't buyin' it - for a variety of reasons - but as Paul_H said, I've been wrong before.

I'm gonna check with snopes.

Paul

I find nothing a snopes, but of course that doesn't prove anything either way.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

I still think the whole thing stinks. One side of the hog is so much diffrent than the other but this could very well happen. I saw a sow black bear with cubs that looked worse. I just don't believe hogs get to weigh 1800 pounds. Especially wild hogs. It doesn't look like it weighs that much anyway. Their legs wouldn't hold the weight up in my opinion. It's also odd that no one else appears to have seen it in the wild.   ..........Paul H

noel

sure don't look like a bunch of good ol boys to me either!
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

buckshot roberts

look's to me like the  o'l two steps back pics........i've seen hunters do this from rabbit's to deer......funny nobody does it with their women folk.......:D Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

noel

just take one more step please dear.Aah,you look marvelous! that there's a good one Ron,should sell it to "Larry"
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Tags: