Olympic Roosevelt Elk - Down

Started by billythekidrock, November 15, 2009, 07:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billythekidrock

I have been very busy lately and haven't been around much so I thought I would post a little of my fall. This was in October.

A few pics from my weekend.

Here are a few more pics.

I needed a bit of help getting the pack on. We long necked it and with the rack/head/cap it weighed 140 lbs.  :o

Check out the nose...looks a little goofy don't it?

There is a large scar on its lip and apparently a hole through the roof of the mouth into the nasal cavity. It was missing the ivory on this side.

Jamie.270

Sweet!  Those mahogany racks are beautiful.
Congratulations!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

MountainMafia

Congratulations, that is a very nice Roosevelt bull. I can see that you worked hard to get this animal out. I know the pain and rewards from hunting in the coast ranges of Oregon. My first elk was a five point rag-horn bull I shot in the Tillimook burn in Oregon when I was 23 years old. I still have my antlers and they still have that nice reddish-brown burnish that bulls get rubbing in the forests of the Pacific NorthWest. With help, we packed out the meat on our backs, all 380 some pounds, plus the head and antlers.
...that\'s my story, and I am sticking to it

Hunterbug

Yea, Mountain Mafia was 23 back when Moses was a child! :p Nice bull!
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

rockinbbar

Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Tags: