30 M1 carbine brass

Started by branxhunter, November 04, 2013, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

What is the availability of 30M1 carbine brass in the States, and what is the likelihood that a parcel could be posted over here?

Marcus

gitano

How many do you want/need?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

The .30 case can be made from .25-20 and .32 20- brass, an east conversion, just turn the rim down, resize and do a slight trim.
I believe those cases are usually available in OZ, likely much faster than trying to get some from the U.S. and no chance of a problem with laws or customs.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

22hornet

Don't tell me you have a M1 Carbine stashed away? ;)

I used an M1 a little bit back in the day. Loved it. But I think the closest I will come to that again will be a CZ527 re-barrelled to .300 Blackout.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

branxhunter

Nah, I know someone who has a Brno ZKW465 in 5.7 Johnson for sale. I have a feeling that one of the reasons may be due to brass availability. Might also be due to how close it is to the .222 in performance.

I have always loved the shape of the ZKW465 stock.

Marcus

22hornet

40gn projectile at about 2800fps - 3000fps. A bit of work making forming up the brass when a 221 Fireball would be about the same.
Still, I like interesting cartridges. I don't know of too many others that are about.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

I found a place that sells 250 pieces for $50 plus $7 shipping and they do actually have some in stock. It doesn't appear that brass is too difficult to find.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: