testing the waters

Started by dhitch, November 14, 2013, 02:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhitch

Hello all
I'm new here. Just figuring it all out. Looks interesting. I like hunting Maine whitetails, fox,coyotes and Trapping. I'm real life friends with Davidlt89 he introduced me to the site. I also dabble in reloading for .243win. See you in the threads..

RatherBHuntin

Welcome dhitch, any friend of David's is a friend of ours.  I hope you settle in and enjoy the forum, don't be shy.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

Glad to see ya buddy!!! dhitch lives about 2 miles down the road from me and is responsible for "getting me hooked" on trapping!!!! He is a master of fur handling, but he will try to tell you different:grin:
I believe we have a new regular poster here!!!! Get in and join the fun my friend, there is a huge knowledge base here, and a real great group of guys here!!! feels more like a family than a forum:yes: God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Welcome hitch!! Another Nor'easter, that's a good thing!! Like RBH said, any friend of David's.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Any friend of David's... We'll have to keep an eye on. :D

Welcome!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Quoteany friend of david's... We'll have to keep an eye on.
:mogrin:

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

22hornet

Mate, welcome to THL. I'm looking forward to hearing some stories.
I take it you hunt bears like David?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

davidlt89

just had a tutorial with darryl the other night with photobucket and navigating the sight. Hope he will chime in soon. He has pictures of a fisher and otter to post!!!!
QuoteI take it you hunt bears like David?
thats a negative 22hornet!!! I can't get him to do it. he did try his hand at trapping, but once the fisher showed up he did not want it to get caught in the bear snare and stopped. He is a little unsure about bear meat!!! I am widdiling him down though!!! God Bless.

dhitch

Thanks for the  warm welcome you all. David is the bear man for sure and I do want to trap a big one .Eventually I may be tricked into eating bear but for now I just want a rug. I'm having a hard time with photo bucket due to some security features on my computer blocking everything. Once I get it all figuered out I hope to have some trapping posts for ya.

gitano

j0e_bl0ggs has turned me on to another picture host: imgbox.com. Not as flashy as Photobucket, but if PB continues to be a challenge, "y'all' might consider looking there.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

dhitch

Thanks gitano I'll give that link a try.

davidlt89

QuoteThanks gitano I'll give that link a try.
lets get cracking buddy!!!!! God Bless.

kombi1976

Just noticed this. Dave's buddy, eh? You have my condolences.... :greentongue:
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Jorge in Oz

Welcome dhitch, nice bunch of blokes around here. Any mate's of David is most welcomed.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

davidlt89

QuoteJust noticed this. Dave's buddy, eh? You have my condolences...
your gonna make me come over there, aren't you!!!:D

Tags: