Got a note from the CMP today

Started by sakorick, February 19, 2014, 07:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I was wondering when this was going to happen....

AGUILA .22LR AND .30 CARBINE AMMO PRICE INCREASES. For the past seven years CMP has purchased Aguila ammunition from Centurion Ordnance, Helotes, TX. Centurion Ordnance is no longer the U.S. distributor for Aguila ammunition. The sole U.S. distributor for Aguila ammunition now is Texas Armament & Technology (TX-AT) in Houston, TX. Yesterday we received new pricing from TX-AT and adjusted our selling prices accordingly. Prices now are as follows:

Aguila Standard Velocity .22LR, 5000 rd case,
CMP item number 419ASVSE, increase from
$260 to $305 per case.
Aguila Target Golden Eagle .22LR, 5000 rd case,
CMP item number 419ASVGE, increase from
$385 to $445 per case.
Aguila .30 Carbine FMJ, 500 rd case,
CMP item number 438A, increase from
$210 to $225 per case.

CMP regrets that we have to pass these increases on to our customers and understands that some of our customers will now wish to cancel their orders. Please email cancellation requests to custserve@thecmp.org.:(:(:(
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Quotenow wish to cancel their orders

To me, that is the second-most important statement. It implies, fairly clearly, that there were outstanding orders WAITING to be filled.

Paul[/SIZE]
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

They have over 1000 orders waiting to be filled and have quit accepting new orders. They say that orders will start being filled in July, Aug timeframe. There simply is no decent .22 ammunition available anywhere. Regards, Rick.

drinksgin (deceased)

It is still a lot lower than the speculators are trying to get.
A person said he saw 550 bulk federal at $140 a box at a gun show, and some people were actually buying it.
Did they say they were actually in possession of supplies?
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

During the peak of the frenzy right after Barack Hussein Obama was first elected, I saw a 500-round "brick" go for $200 on Gun-Broker.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I just talked to Daphnie at the South store and it's a lot worse than you can imagine. First, they are accepting no more orders (back orders) until further notice. They have no idea when Aguila will be shipping to their new distributor and the distributor doesn't know how much or how many cases they will be shipped. So the CMP is sitting on several thousand orders for some 10,000 cases with no RDD and no forecast. She said that competition shooters all across the country have stopped practicing and soon their supply of .22 ammo will all be used up. 91 Million people out of a job in this country and we can't buy .22 ammo. This is terrible news. Regards, Rick.

branxhunter

Finally something we here in Aus can crow about - I can buy as many boxes, bricks or buckets of .22 ammo I want at any of the gunshops in the local region.

Marcus

sakorick

Quote from: Branxhunter;131103Finally something we here in Aus can crow about - I can buy as many boxes, bricks or buckets of .22 ammo I want at any of the gunshops in the local region.

Marcus

You lucky dog!!!!!I would stock up if I were you. Just 12 years ago, a friend of mine had a chance to purchase # 71/2 Winchester hard shot(he shoots sporting clays, trap and skeet). The shop was asking 7 dollars a bag. He ordered 160 bags (that's 2 tons). We all thought he was crazy. The stuff is $50/bag now around here. Regards, Rick.

davidlt89

its not just .22 ammo in short supply, although it is the hardest things to find. I ordered over 2,000 rounds about 6 months ago from the wholesaler, they only sent me 500 with a "story" as to why they could not give me my full order, even though they had well over 20,000 rounds at the time. Now I have not seen it available in 6 months which leads me to believe it is going right to the retailers and not even being listed. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

It's not going to any "retailers" up here!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

No, I think the wholesaler is "shipping it" right away to their "preferred" customers! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

Saw some LR today at ACADEMY here in Katy Tx. Only got close enough to read the prices on the two types. $4.40 and 11.30 per box. Total of maybe a brick and a half. One guy I saw ask for some was handed one each 50 round box.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: