My first trade!

Started by davidlt89, February 06, 2015, 04:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Well, I had purchased 20 330 conibears from the guy that passed me all the adc work and gave him a couple hundred dollars. Probably should have looked at them first! Good traps for a beginning trapper to get started, they will catch beaver, but I need some stronger springs and sure catches with the adc work I will be doing. So, I gave 5 to apeters to get her started along with other things, and i put the rest up for sale.

I sold them today and the guy that bought them bought 7 old foothold traps I had hanging out for 30.00 also. Well, as we were waking out of the basement he seen the gun cabinet and wanted to know if I had any rifles for sale.

As fate would have it I had the 45/70 up for sale for over two weeks now. decided i needed the traps, and I want new bridgers!!! I also decided I am taking the 375 H&H to the bear stand so no need for the 45/70.

So I took it out and he was impressed, he just did not want to pay the full amount so he started "wheeling and dealing". at first I turned him down but as I thought about it texted him back and did some "wheeling and dealing" myself.

He had a stoeger over and under not even out of the box yet and wanted to give me cash for the rest to cover the 45/70. I told him I would take the shot gun with my older boy in mind and I wanted 200.00 cash to cover at least a dozen traps and he was sold!!!!

So I have never made a trade before, kind of fun!!!!!;) God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

farmboy

Oh my you are on a slippery slope now! One trade leads to another and so on! Glad you had fun.

davidlt89

But aint the slope fun!!!! Plus ive been on this forum 10 years, not my first "slope"! God bless!
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Quote from: davidlt89;137205Plus ive been on this forum 10 years, not my first "slope"! God bless!
:MOGRIN:

I have always realized that the BEST deals are the ones in which BOTH parties think they got the long end of the stick. It's a good feeling. Congratulations!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: