The babies are out!

Started by sakorick, May 02, 2015, 01:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

We had 5 healthy babies all doing well. The next 24 hours is critical for them. I dared not get closer. I am very happy for them again. This is only the 2d time I have seen their babies. The first year( five years ago), Coons killed all the eggs with only a few days left. Now these birds are mature and know how to defend the nest.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

drinksgin (deceased)

The one on the left, in #3, looks meaner than a centipede with fallen arches!
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

sakorick

Quote from: drinksgin;139095The one on the left, in #3, looks meaner than a centipede with fallen arches!

And that would be dad the toughest Honker in Missouri! He doesn't like me there taking pictures one bit....he is staring me down in pic 4.....i left!

gitano

Cool! If they raise this brood, chances are very good there will be more than two back next year.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Bill Thibeault

Rick,
Ever think of spreading some cracked corn along the shoreline for all (parents and goslings) to eat?
Bill.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

gitano

Good idea, Bill! They are essentially 'grazers' - eating primarily grass - but they would eat the corn like "chickens eating Junebugs".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

A really hospitable person would get  sack of scratch and apply a quart a day in a good place.

:angel:  :MOGRIN:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

sakorick

All OBE. They left yesterday morning to whatever secret spot they go.

Tags: