The Luna Moth

Started by sakorick, June 14, 2017, 01:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Also known as the American Moon Moth showed up this morning and was very photogenic! Just look at that feathery antenna.  These moths are just amazing creatures to behold!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

There was a Cecropia (sp) moth stuck  on the handrail of my coal truck this morning. It was cold and I tried to get a picture but the durn thing fell off and I wasn't about to hobble down and pick it up.

Very interesting creature, I've never seen a luna moth. How far across are they? The cecropia was about 4 inches.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

3 to 4 1/2 inches.

Quote from: recoil junky;148101There was a Cecropia (sp) moth stuck  on the handrail of my coal truck this morning. It was cold and I tried to get a picture but the durn thing fell off and I wasn't about to hobble down and pick it up.

Very interesting creature, I've never seen a luna moth. How far across are they? The cecropia was about 4 inches.

RJ
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

My all-time favorite moth/butterfly. (Taxonomically, the only difference between moths and butterflies is that moths come out at night, butterflies in the day.) This one was in northwestern Illinois.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Jorge in Oz

Wow!!

Interesting, I never knew the difference between them.

It's like plants and weeds. Some weeds look more like plants and some plants look more like weeds.  :confused:
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: