Leupold customer service

Started by sakorick, July 22, 2017, 04:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

The last time I sent my VariX II in for repair they sent it back with a no problems noted. I sent it back with a target shot with the vari X(2 1/2 inches) and one shot with a Burris(.4 inches) and told them the scope was not holding zero. They kept it a month more and finally sent it back with internal failure code, repaired...which it was. With shipping back and forth twice I was without the scope for 3 months......but they did fix it. Now the scope has issues again. The Up/Down turret is getting so hard to turn that I started buggering the slot. So, I sent it back for service last week. This Morning I got an email from them with this note "Account Number: 224802. We have received your product for service and estimate completion in 18 working days with an additional 2-4 weeks for custom work." I have no idea what ""custom work"" is, however, 19 working days is 25 real days + shipping time added is a month. Any bets on this? :eek::Banghead:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Just to be ornery I would double the promise
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Paul Hoskins

Rick, it seems most companies are like our government any more. Don't depend on it. .....Paul H

sakorick

Holy Moly.....I have a scope coming from Leupold tomorrow. It's only been 20 days! So, will it be fixed? Are they shipping me a cheap replacement? Or will it be not fixed with a lame excuse? I will not lose sleep over this. :grin:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Repair Service Report Vari X II 3-9X40MM Duplex
Customer Complaint. Bad adjustment Elevation.
Service Activity:
Visual Inspection 100%
Reworked Selector
Reworked Erector System
Replaced Adjustment Windage
Replaced Adjustment Elevation
Mechanical inspection.
Misc service notes.
Adjustments as received Windage 31, Elevation 12
Total Travel Adjustments after service Windage 33L, 29R, Elevation 36 UP, 27 Down.

Shipping and handling 0.00
Tax 0.00
Charges 0.00
Order Total 0.00

OK so this is a good news story and I am actually impressed. They improved the Vari X II's windage and elevation adjustment knobs over the years and they now work like new. I really like the Vary X II over every other Leupold I have owned. There are no clicks for 1/4 inch adjustments......you can make 1/8th or 1/16 adjustments with a steady hand and good reading glasses. These old scopes were 100% made in the USA. Good on ya Leupold and it was back in my hands in 20 days!:biggthumpup:

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jorge in Oz

Nice one Rick. Leupold tend to provide a great service here in Oz, through their wholesaler.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: