OK Don't all feint.

Started by Brithunter, July 31, 2017, 10:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Hi All,

With a little assist from Gitano am able to log in one more and we have news! Big news lot's of changes and we plan on it all being better.

Firstly am no longer in the UK so the handle only sort of fits now. Mother and I are now residing in Eastern Europe :eek: ...................................... yes a long ways from Blighty but the fact is that we just could not afford to live there any more. I found it almost impossible to even get a job interview so now am cashing in my little pension funds and am going semi retired. We currebtly rent a small houe in the city which is strange for us having never lived in a city before but later this week we begin the house hunt for our own place that will be out of the city.

I undrstand the wildlife is wonderful here and hope to explore once we get some wheels here but there is:-

Wild Boar
Feral Pig
Roe Deer
Red Deer
Jackal
Fox
Wolf
European Brown Bear

Lots of exotic birds like :-

Bee Eaters
Golden Oreole
Hoopooe
Storks
Ibis
Vulture
Eagles
Falcons
Swifts
Swallows

and Snakes ................ even some venomous ones.

Forrests ........................ lots of forrests and Mountains even with ski resorts. They have real winters here too and hot summers.
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

Sounds GREAT, BH! Glad things are looking up! Hope you can spend more time here at THL now that you have found a place to settle.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I'm really happy for you and your mother, Kevin. Really good news. Keep us up to speed. Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Very nice BH, glad things are turning your way. :jumpingsmiley:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Welcome back Kev! No more lincs plod for you eh?
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jorge in Oz

Nice to hear you are both well.

Are the gun laws better there?

Won't have the constabulary harrassing you about owning too many rifles?
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

branxhunter

Good to see you back BH. You have been missed.

Marcus

Brithunter

Thank you all for the kind words. Now as for gun laws well that I simply do not know as yet. There is a tradition of hunting here like most Eastern European countries and I have made myself known to the local gunshop owner. In fact his wife is a real estate agent and we will be meeting her soon to discuss houses to buy.

As I mentioned currently we are in the heart of a city and I mean right in the middle as we are only a couple of streets away from the central square with Courthouse and Municiple council building. Have attached a few photos the one with the children playing in the fountain is right out front of the Opera house. The round fountain is just one of several around the plaza.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: