Relaxing of firearms & parts export regulations in the US

Started by Jorge in Oz, August 08, 2017, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorge in Oz

Hi Guys,

Just wondering whether Trump will remove the regs that O'Bummer put in e.g. $300 permits to export firearms or parts any time soon.

I am looking at purchasing some Win 70 and Win 54 firearms and parts in the next 6 months but many of the sellers don't export overseas.

I was wondering if you guys know of any reliable authorised firearms exporters that assist in getting firearms purchases out of the country (legally of course).

There are some listed on Gunbroker.com but not sure if they are relaible and don't fleece you for every cent.

Some feedback would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

I'll have a look around, Jorge.

I would caution you not to get your hopes up. There's a lot of "fake news" being spewed EVERYWHERE. It's not confined to "left-wing, pinko, commies". Furthermore, the older I get the more I realize that the firearms community is populated in very large part by charlatans, hucksters, snake-oil salesmen, and IDIOTS. The point being that even if the laws were changed/relaxed, there will be a MOUNTAIN of internet firearms 'experts' telling everyone that will listen that they'l go to jail and their families will be killed if they do "this" or "that", when both "this" and "that" are perfectly legal. Gunbroker is ONE of the places that is a haven for 'those types'. Also, the federal government has what is essentially a fascist control over firearms business in the US. Here's how that works.

Using WalMart, Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, and ****'s Sports as examples, consider how much money they make in firearms-related sales. If any one of those companies could NOT sell firearms and firearms-related merchandise, they MIGHT go out of business. Even if not, the impact would be severe. Now let's assume that the import/export laws ARE relaxed, BUT some rat son-of-a-bachelor FEDERAL ATTORNEY decided that he was going to "interpret" the law 'differently' and thereby INITIATE CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS against WalMart for violating federal firearms law.  THE FIRST THING THAT HAPPENS IS THEIR FEDERAL LICENCE TO BUY AND SELL FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION IS REVOKED. They could be perfectly within the law, but at that stage of the legal process, THEY HAVE NO RECOURSE to having their FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSE REVOKED. They can, and WILL, fight that action by ONE FEDERAL ATTORNEY for YEARS. In the mean time, they have NO LICENSE to DO BUSINESS. Now, if you were WalMart or ANY OTHER business, would you risk the life of your business fighting with the nazi fascists?

So... I will do some research, and see if any laws or regulations associated with the import and export of firearms have been changed. If I can find reliable sources for that information, I will let you know. If the laws or regulations have been relaxed, (OR STIFFENED), the real task will be finding someone that is willing to act on the changes.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Thanks for that Paul, really appreciate it.

Happy to oblige by the laws but I guess finding an exporter that won't take you for every penny is the hard part. I only need them if I am buying a complete rifle or a rifle action. If they charging me $300 for an import permit then I may as well purchase a few at the time.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: