Photobucket Rug Pulled

Started by SmokeyJoe, August 08, 2017, 04:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokeyJoe

Not sure if others are already aware of this but owing to the fact it just cost me several hours fixing images on some important forum threads I have running on other forums on other matters, I thought it worth a mention in case it saves someone else time cursing like I have been!

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/

Ok, I get it, you can say it's their right to charge, fine. Annoying, but fine. However, they made this move a while ago, and only yesterday I spent a lot of time uploading images which all worked nicely in my forum posts, for twenty four hours! Suddenly all disappeared leaving placeholders instead of my images, no doubt deliberately designed that way to back me into a corner and try to force me (or some more stupid versions of me) to pay up the extortionate fee they demand in order to continue serving up my images in my threads going back many years. No chance! Better to spend a few hours switching to another service and leave some spicy feedback for them on my account closure request. Actually, having done so, I now feel quite refreshed knowing that my history of image posting online (not a huge amount but enough) is completely removed. It feels like I just cleared some very long cookies :D
So I have deleted my photo bucket accounts in light of their removal of service and no doubt demise (which I shall personally enjoy watching!)
"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think".

"I would rather be somebody's shot of whiskey, than everybody's cup of tea."

"Give a small man power, and he'll show you how small he is."

Guns-Pencils.png

Hunterbug

I'll have to get on there. I have pictures there that I don't know if I have anywhere else.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

I wonder why my PB links still work? It's a rare event in the cosmos, I assure you, when I am the one for whom 'things' WORK instead of "my stuff" being among the ONLY things that DON'T WORK! I think most of you will believe me what I assert that I have NOT paid them one penny more!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: