The Eclipse

Started by sakorick, August 22, 2017, 12:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

The eclipse went off and the clouds moved in....right on time. I managed to get a few shots through the clouds but seconds before the totality a large low cloud blocked the whole thing out except for one lucky break. I didn't have a chance to take any RAW images and most of the full telephoto ones were not good. But here are a few that pretty much sum up what we saw. It was a lot of fun and worth the drive down to Smithville Lake. The one total shot I got was pretty bad but it is what it is. The Canon worked great and the variable filter was terrific. We saw no stars but saw many confused birds headed to roost. The one dog that was there had zero reaction.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

We were at 97% coverage and I got  a few pictures as well through a #11 gold welding lens which I still need to download. Got one a shot of  Venus(?) I think.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jorge in Oz

"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;148841Here you are Rick a little compensation....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lepQoU4oek4

Cool! The "dude" had about 50K's worth of sophisticated stuff there and forgot to take the lens covers off. The dude was a dude though....whatever a dude is.:MOGRIN:

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Yeah made me giggle too! Nice vid in any case.
The space station transit will stick in the throat of the flat earfers...
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

gitano

"Flat earth" was the second thing I thought about when I looked at that video. The first thing was "Could it be possible for a human being to be a bigger dork?"

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from: gitano;148847"Flat earth" was the second thing I thought about when I looked at that video. The first thing was "Could it be possible for a human being to be a bigger dork?"

Paul

Have met bigger dorks....
Turvey Stalking

sakorick

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;148848Have met bigger dorks....

No way. The land owner didn't even like him. He is a Dork's Dork....Totally Dude!:MOGRIN:

recoil junky

It was a clear day.

Venus(?)

at 11:00

At 11:34 when "we" were supposed to be at 97%

Shadows were weird

And it was "this" dark

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Paul Hoskins

I have little interest in celestial bodies except the one I married. ......Paul H

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: