CZ 455 Range Report

Started by gitano, September 04, 2017, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I have threaded the CZ 455 barrel muzzle. After doing that, I wanted to make sure I didn't mess anything up. (It shot great before the threading.) I had some time today so I set up my target in the back yard. (Moved everything, so now distance is only 25 yd, not the previous 35.) I decided to test four of the five kinds of realistic subsonic ammunition I have. (CBs and CB Shorts are not really "subsonic" to me. They're for playing with, subsonic is just an artifact of being "wimpy". Since it's not the goal, I don't consider them "subsonic" except technically.) The four types are: Norma, CCI, Sellier & Bellot, and Remington. The fifth is the Aguila SSS, but since it isn't gyroscopically stable from barrels with 1:16 twist, I chose not to shoot it. Unfortunately, I was only able to get MVs on the Remington ammo, and one shot on the S&B.

Here is an annotated image of the target:

Here are the Excel spreadsheets for each type. You can read the manufacturer's name in the upper left of the 1st spreadsheet for each type. I'll post them in the order that I shot them.

Here is another section of that spreadsheet with the 80% Confident Ellipse drawn and the specifics for the ellipse - like dimensions and most importantly; the area.

Next, S&B.

And the Confidence Ellipse:

Norma:

Confidence Ellipse:

And finally, the CCI:

Confidence Ellipse:

Doesn't look like I screwed anything up by threading the muzzle. (No pun intended.) AND... Those CCIs are looking GOOD!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: