NEW KNEES!!!

Started by recoil junky, September 17, 2017, 06:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

09:00 18 Sept. is my arrival time for new knees. I will be out of contact on the dark side of the moon until 19 Sept.

This has been 4 years in the making and I'm through waiting and  t missus is tired of listening to me whine.

Yes, both of them, yes, I should be ambulatory by hunting season at least for short walks, yes, I'm putting the snowblower on the tractor today, yes, that buck is still here and yes both at the same time.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

:biggthumpup:

We'll be praying for your full and speedy recovery!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

I was just out hooting for a couple hours. Got both 44's dirty REALLY dirty and shot the sevumag some til the hanger broke for my gongs and I din't want to go up the hill to fix it.

Me 'n the cat are going to go watch the Cowboys lose to the Broncos now.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jorge in Oz

All the best with your operation RJ.

We'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

Quote from: Jorge in Oz;149005All the best with your operation RJ.

We'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Me too!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

What Rick said again. My knees & hips both need repair but for now I'll suffer thru it. The best to you RJ. .....Paul H

JaDub

Awesome R.J. !!   You are a trooper to get them both done on the same day.  My wife got two new hips in one day and she`s  a very happy camper.   Recovery is going to be a bit of a bear but just keep telling yourself  that the next day is going to be better than today.  

Woo Hoo !!

Hunterbug

I hope that you're feeling better RJ.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

Today was first PT day. Danika said I'm doing GREAT!!! I need to work on flexion but they are both still very swollen and that will decrease rapidly now.

RJ

sakorick

Quote from: recoil junky;149051Today was first PT day. Danika said I'm doing GREAT!!! I need to work on flexion but they are both still very swollen and that will decrease rapidly now.

RJ

I like Danika!!!

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

I can't believe they did both at the same time! unheard of up here! They can certainly be painful after, but I have never heard one person say they regret it! Usually around 4 months to get swelling down and flexion to acceptable levels, at least to them!
I have watched these surgeries before, it us unbelievable what they do! At one point, 2 people were holding one old guy down while the surgeon hammered in the pins! Its amazing people can function after. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

The new pieces are glued in somehow, no pins or screws.

Danika is quite pleased with my progress and that I am ahead of schedule, she also says I WILL be doing stairs by MONDAY ! !

RJ

recoil junky

I am doing stairs, sloooowly. I made it down to the gun room, but only to look. My chair is too low to get out of easily right now. So I must either raise it, or just go look for now. The knees aren't quite strong enough yet to raise me out of a normal height chair, which to most people it like sitting in a kindergarteners chair anyway. :mad:

RJ

sakorick

Don't push it....Just let it happen. Your body will tell you when to get aggressive.

Tags: