Some Techniques for Extracting and Saving THL Threads

Started by gitano, October 02, 2017, 07:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

1) If you have a particular thread you like and would like to preserve for 'posterity', you can do so by choosing the option "Show printable version" from the "Thread Tools" list at the top of every thread. Once the printable version is displayed, use the "Control P" command to "print" the thread. You do not have to actually "print" this on paper. You will be given an option to "Save as PDF". Using that option will allow you to save the thread as a PDF file to read, use, and even print hardcopy, in the future if you so choose. The PDF will have live hot-links to images and other URLs.

It is important to realize that the "printable" pages you see are the ONLY pages that will get copied to PDF. So for example, if at the top of the "printable version" you see that there are 2 "pages" in the printable version, you have to "print" (or save as PDF) the first page, then go to the second page of posts, and "print" the second page.

If I get a chance, I will make a tutorial video on this procedure.

2) While Photobucket has seriously messed up "the internet" with their new policy on "hosting", the images posted here at THL FROM Photobucket aren't "gone". If you "right click" on the message from Photobucket that replaces the original picture, you have the option to "Open the image in a new tab". If you choose this option, the image will be shown in a new tab.

This is a bit cumbersome when viewing/reading a thread, BUT... at least the images aren't "gone" from the thread. If you care to, the author of the picture can replace the link to the Photobucket image with a link to another image hosting service. A real pain in the butt, but as I said, at least the images aren't "gone".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

I am saving my "Range Reports", as they are as a general rule, more detailed than the notes I keep in my reloading log. Most of them have the 'background' information that explains why I created a certain load, AND the details of how it actually "acted" at the range.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: