New deer stand construction

Started by sakorick, October 29, 2017, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

The base is all treated lumber with 6X4 posts and 3/4 plywood floor. John and I built the base in his shed and then moved it to my place. The commercial blind went together very quickly. Then we hooked up the post hole digger and move the 2 pieces out to the site. The rest is word pictures. I still need to caulk some seams and do some painting with deck stain. We are ready now as the season opens in 2 weeks.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

HOO-EEE!

Buying prefab blind cheaper than making one I guess?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

I wasn't sure if the old 4010 was going to have enough power to run the post hole auger.  Phwe! Looks like it did but just barely

:MOGRIN:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

Prefab jobs are cheaper but not by much and for the long haul, well who knows.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Looks comfortable. Never cared for deer stands much myself. Rick, you need a bird dog now to retrieve your game. Waiting for pictures of deer hanging now. :biggthumpup:.......Paul H

Hunterbug

Looks nice. I'm sure that with a little heat it'll be comfortable on those cold mornings. I can't wait to see pictures of the deer from it.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

JaDub

.............   and the hot tub ???

fire717

SakoRick, I heard your son may have helped build the base and assemble the hut. Recoil Junkie....That 4010 has drilled more post holes than you’d think. That old tractor still does tons of work.

Jorge in Oz

"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

Quote from: fire717;149396SakoRick, I heard your son may have helped build the base and assemble the hut. Recoil Junkie....That 4010 has drilled more post holes than you'd think. That old tractor still does tons of work.

Thanks for the help, son. RJ was just spoofin'. That said there's still more work to do....gun rests, assembling the numatic chair, building a nicknak holder, putting the heater in, carpet etc. :D

Hunterbug

Quote from: JaDub............. and the hot tub ???

No hot tub but Rick may come by in a cocktail dress and take your order.:MOGRIN:
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

Quote from: fire717;149396Recoil Junkie....That 4010 has drilled more post holes than you’d think. That old tractor still does tons of work.

I bleed green :antlers: This is my neighbors tractor, which I help feed and care for. Been around Deeres since I can remember. Got to drive the first 3020 at Davies Farm Supply in Missoula in '64. I was in Dad's lap of course and that was fun but 5 years later, it was work, because that tractor came home with us.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

4010.........  best tractor J.D. ever built.

gitano

Quote from: JaDub;1494044010.........  best tractor J.D. ever built.

No faint praise coming from a gearhead!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: