Hunting in Alaska

Started by gitano, November 20, 2017, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I have attached two files. One is the Drawing Permit Supplement for 2018/2019. It is the document you use to apply for drawing hunts in Alaska. You should read the "front end" and then drop down to the bottom and look at the page for the previous year's "success" rates. Note how many people apply for a given hunt, and what percentage get drawn.

The second one is the Tier I and II ("Subsistence") hunts. Look at what you have to do to qualify. Then look at the restrictions it puts on where ELSE in the state, and WHAT species you can hunt for.

Then ask me why I say that hunting in Alaska is among the worst in the US.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Mind blowing bureaucracy, almost Italian I'd say...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Absolutely ridiculous. I thought Kentucky was getting bad when you are forced to apply for an elk permit online. I quit applying when they did that. Things have changed everywhere for the worse. When I was a kid nobody  bought a hunting license in the holler. The state set a few rules & regulations in place but they didn't apply to us. We made our own laws & by Jesus we abided by them. We set our own seasons, bag limits, hunting methods & areas for everything. We did quit hunting in the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park finally.  I just don't understand all the unnecessary red tape for a permit in Alaska of all places. :Banghead:.......Paul H

Jorge in Oz

Wow, that sounds like a commie state Paul.

I thought were were stiffed here but Alaska takes the cake for sure.

I won't be complaining any time soon.

Need to migrate to Oz Paul but you won't like the gun laws here. ;)
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: