Planning a move

Started by Alboy, December 04, 2017, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

Near June of 2018 wife and I plan on leaving the Houston area and moving north.

Will have important family around Denver Colorado and Omaha Nebraska. Anywhere that affords an 8 hour drive to either will be looked at closely. Favoritism is going to be closer to Omaha because of granddaughter.

I will have social security and a small retirement from from Teachers retirement of Texas (TRS), wife should have a better retirement from TRS. Both of us healthy and able/willing to work. Myself anything from janitorial, security, heavy mechanic, welding to international heavy shipping experience. Watching livestock is also good.

Ideas or offers sought and appreciated.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Won't be as hot in the "north". Also have never heard of a hurricane hitting Omaha or Denver, or anywhere close!

Here's wishing you the best in the move!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Sounds exciting.  Lets look at Sidney home of Cabelas; 169 miles to Denver, 400 to Omaha. Lets look at Grand Island home of Hornady; 153 Mi to Omaha and 405 to Denver.  Big Companies that hire! Great Pheasant hunting! Interstates both ways. Good Luck in your search.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

Love to have you here in Denver.  Can always use another gun tote`n  good guy .  8-)

Paul Hoskins

Best of everything to you & the missus in your future plans. Hope both of you will be happy & content if you move. Should be good hunting in either state you mention. .......Paul H

Jorge in Oz

All the best on your move Alboy.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: