Is anyone out there???

Started by Paul Hoskins, January 05, 2018, 11:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Just wondering if anyone survived Christmas & New Year holidays. Sure is quiet on the forum lately. Hope no one is frozen out. Been cold enough for an umbrella lately. Been down to zero & below around here several mornings. Cold enough to freeze the balls off a pool table. Bout ready to move to Alaska myself now. :undecided:.......Paul H

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Think there will be some monkeys looking for a welder in the morning...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

I think was colder in your neck of the woods, Paul Hoskins, than it was up here last week. However, we're back to 'normal' at about 10 degrees F overnight and 15 degrees F during the day.

This time of year THL is always 'slow'. I think it's mostly because people are taking care of the rat-killin' that comes up after holidays and vacations. But... we don't have a lot of subscribers and among those there are only a handful of us that use the site regularly. Doesn't bother me. THL isn't a business. I'd rather have a few good friends instead of a mess of 'not so good' ones.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Yeah, I was aware not many members are active on the forum this  time of year. Too cold around here to get outside & do anything but feed the birds, deer & other varmints. Mostly we sit & watch them thru the window during the day & listen to the radio. Nothing on TV worth watching & I can't see or hear very well any more. Mostly garbage that only kids or idiots would watch anyway. They don't know better. I usually get up between 3;30 & 4;30 AM & drink coffee & read the news garbage. At least that way I don't have to listen to some hyper democrat screeching about Trump. .....It's 2 degrees F here this morning at 4;56 AM. ......Paul H

sakorick

Teeth chatter,     I'm out here!      teeth chatter.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

I'm still here! Busy time down under with summer hot weather, beaches to laze on, sea to swim in, Christmas dinner to host, hayshed fire to manage and watch, and severe fire weather alert to monitor. Was 42 deg C here on Saturday with 50km/h winds gusting to 90 km/h on the change - thankfully we were blessed with a relatively quiet day fire-wise.

Marcus

sakorick

Quote from: branxhunter;149887I'm still here! Busy time down under with summer hot weather, beaches to laze on, sea to swim in, Christmas dinner to host, hayshed fire to manage and watch, and severe fire weather alert to monitor. Was 42 deg C here on Saturday with 50km/h winds gusting to 90 km/h on the change - thankfully we were blessed with a relatively quiet day fire-wise.

Marcus

I hate you!

gitano

42! WOW! THAT'S HOT! (108 F for Americans). Add to that 50 kph winds, and 'you can have it' as far as I'm concerned. Of course, that's coming from a person that has lived in Alaska for 60 years.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

branxhunter

Saturday set a record temperature in Sydney - 47.1deg C.

Australia were playing England in the 5th test of the Ashes cricket series at the Sydney Cricket Ground. It has been reported that  the temp out  in the middle of the ground was something like 57 deg C in the full sun.

Anything over 40 deg C is just plain hot.

Marcus

sakorick

I guess the 19 below we had the other night really wasn't that bad!

Paul Hoskins

According to the weather monkey on TV, it's supposed to be 60 degrees F today. We'll see. Moles are plowing the lawn even with the surface frozen 2 or 3 inches deep. Despicable little :cens:. I think they can plow dry cement with ease. At least the mosquitos & deer flies aren't so bad now & the lawn doesn't need mowing.  .......Paul H

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

Interesting. I wonder what the load was?

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

:biggthumpup::biggthumpup: I've done that lots of times. Sometimes I use a 45 ACP. My neighbor prefers the 9mm Luger. I might caution people that they should never shoot moles & such at very close range. When shooting a gun at close range like that the vacuum created when pressure drops off from the blast will suck dirt into the barrel, Same thing happens when shooting into water. If you are aiming the gun your face & eyes are in line with the bore & you'll get a face full of water or dirt. Wear glasses to protect your eyes. Been there. Thanks, Joe. ......Paul H

Tags: