Started by gitano, February 28, 2018, 01:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Dang! (Not really...)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Here's my response:

**G** - (Too bad you don't have the character to use your own name, but out of the other side of you mouth you DEMAND that I give you everything about me but my shoe size.)

I Kinda figured that your response would be "no". That's why I wrote it. I got tired of the BS for your registration, and decided just to tell you what I thought. And by the way, it has NOTHING to do with "following rules". It has to do with unnecessarily invasive requests for information that is none of your business. BUT... YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT that "Hobby Machinist" is NOT the place for me.

Most sincerely,
Paul Skvorc

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

mmmmmm.......  more to this story ???

gitano

Not much.

I was looking for some dies to cut and form gas-checks when j0e_bl0ggs found a thread on the Hobby-Machinists forum. You can't see pictures (full sized) on that forum unless you register (become a member). So, I decided to register so I could see the pictures. GOOD GRIEF. They DEMAND (required to complete registration), everything but your shoe size, AND, someone reviews your answers, so you can't just fill in with fluff. I gave them most of what they asked for, but when it just got too !@#$%^&*ed ridiculous, I filled in the "Why do you want to be a member of H-M?" with "I don't like all the REQUIRED answers to WAY TOO INTRUSIVE questions." I had a pretty good idea that I wouldn't get past the guard dogs and I was right. BUT... They were right too. Hobby-Machinist isn't a place I would 'fit in'. However, they were WRONG about "following rules". I didn't break any rules, I simply chose not to lift my skirt as high as they demanded.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Rejected!........probably for the best as most people don't want to learn anything.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Like all social activities and locales, I'm sure there are some very bright and nice people at the Hobby-Machinists forum. They just have jerks that run the place.

In all truth, there's no need to know ANYTHING about a new member. Their internet ID pretty much tells all that is required to "find" them, and those that want to be 'sneaky' aren't going to let those kinds of questions bother them. The HARM intrusive registrations like Hobby-Machinists represent is to "Regular Folks". It puts their PERSONAL information ON THE WEB for nefarious characters and other ne'er-do-wells to have at TRIVIALLY. And while one site might not represent 'complete' information, add two or three of these stupid places together, and a criminal can put a pretty good picture together, leaving a "good" person harmed. NO NEED FOR THAT !@#$%^&*! ABSOLUTELY NONE!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Or use throwaway email and plain lie....got summat fer ya...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Paul, Hobby Machinist sounds about like my HUMANA medical insurance provider. They send out a "doctor" from Pakistan that barely speaks English to do a "wellness check" on me. He asked all sorts of invasive  questions like do I own any guns etc. Immediate end of interview. Later they send out a young female " doctor" for another wellness check. More stupid, invasive questions. " Do you ever feel suicidal?"  ......."No but I feel homicidal from being asked all these nosey questions." She suddenly didn't feel well & left. I suspect a lot of Humana's "doctors" have been drinking downstream from the herd. You don't need Hobby Machinist either. .......Paul H

Hunterbug

Probably not a place that you wanted to be anyway.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

WOW! Get a load of the following I got in this morning's email:

Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 3:59 AM
To: Paul Skvorc
Subject: Re: Account rejected on The Hobby-Machinist Forums

Paul,

Your cranky posts like this one and your real name and employer appear all
over the internet. Please don't abuse us, or we will be forced to take
action against you:

Below is the exchange between Dave Corbin https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.corbins.com%2Findex.htm&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cec52abd8aaee4fd1b31108d57f744c6c%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636555059825245782&sdata=LP3lPsS853dWqboGPFqMokKTqMjEDebB3wutDBl%2BJwE%3D&reserved=0
and I on a purchase I made two months ago. My emailed words in black -
Corbin's in red.

Here's my response to Hobby-Machinist:

Paul Skvorc
  Reply|
Today, 7:58 AM
support@hobby-machinist.com

Really? I think any reasonable person would call that a threat.

Play your aces, and I'll play mine.

Paul

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

gitano

Unbelievably, it just keeps getting "better".

Here's the next demonstration of a complete inability, (true to petty, little tyrants), to "put down the shovel".

QuoteRe: Account rejected on The Hobby-Machinist Forums

Support @ Hobby-Machinist

Reply|
Today, 9:40 AM
You
You replied on 3/1/2018 11:10 AM.
Dear Sir:

My name is Liam, and I sent the message below this morning.
You are complaining about not being permitted to register because you have
to provide a lot of personal information. Yet the internet is rife with
your personal information, along with messages you have sent on other
forums.

As far as threats, we did not make any threats.
We take abuse of staff members very seriously.
We take harassment of our support email very seriously.

Please be guided accordingly.

Liam

And here's my response:

Dear Sir,

Finally, someone at your site with enough self respect to use their name. Maybe. Given the responses so far, I doubt that is your real name, and you still don't have the backbone to use your full name.

Speaking of "responses" from Hobby-Machinist: NO responses were EVER necessary. YOU, at Hobby-Machinist - are the ones that:
1) INSTIGATED this, and
2) CONTINUE to perpetuate it.
I am simply responding to your petty, small-minded threats.

Yes, the internet is rife with SOME of my "personal" information, including my name and the business I OWN. That's public information that I have to provide TO THE STATE in order to do business. It is public knowledge. However, you demanded MUCH more information than my "FULL" name: WHICH I GAVE! You did not ASK for me to provide what ADDITIONAL information I was WILLING to provide - you DEMANDED it. Your registration page is the PROOF of what I state. I have copied that page with all of it's VERY intrusive, REQUIRED questions. Consider the public record of your registration requirements when you think about how you have FALSELY ACCUSED me of "not following rules", and then THREATENED ME when I objected to that false accusation.

I have my own internet forum that has been in use for 18 years, and I have been forced on occasion to deal with petty little internet bullies like you. The smartest thing you could (and SHOULD) have done was apply the "first rule of holes": When you find yourself in one, put the shovel down. However, like the petty, arrogant, bullies that you are, you are simply incapable of that, and think you can threaten people - IN WRITING - without consequence.

You can SAY you're not threatening me, but you are not the one that sets the standard for deciding those kinds of legal issues. The LAW employs something called the "reasonable person" standard. "They" - not you - will decide whether your written comments to me constitute a threat. I am quite confident that ANY "reasonable person" would 1) find your comments THREATENING, and 2) recognize immediately that YOU - Hobby-Machinist - are the party that instigated this "issue" by falsely accusing me of "breaking rules", and, that you insist on CONTINUING TO exacerbate it.

As long as you continue to 1) make FALSE ACCUSATIONS, and 2) send me threatening and provocative emails, I will continue to defend myself from those FALSE ACCUSATIONS AND your continued, inflammatory and provocative bullying. As I responded to your first threat; feel free to carry out your threats. I am perfectly happy to let REASONABLE PEOPLE make the determination on who has provoked, threatened, and harassed whom.

Sincerely,

Paul Skvorc

I can't believe they have continued this! The ONLY reason I am, is to see just how far (stupid) they are willing to go. I am AMAZED they have carried on this far! Now I'm REALLY glad they rejected my application! Dodged a bullet sort of, in that "this" would have happened sooner or later. Probably very soon!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

:drama:

They must like pushing people around, but they pushed the wrong person this time.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

I THINK the drama is over. I haven't received a response to my last response in the past 6 hours. Maybe they realized that I have a harder head they they did. There really wasn't an issue until they MADE one. Anyway, I think and hope they've had enough "fun".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Coulda knocked me over with a feather! Look at the latest I got in this little drama!

QuoteDear Paul,

I wish to apologize for the hard time you had while attempting to register over at Hobby-Machinist.com, and I am writing so that you can understand a little bit of what was going on. I feel that you were treated unfairly, but I fear that you may be placing your blame in the wrong place.

First, there is a fellow by the name of Nelson Timkin who is the original founder of H-M and who is currently in control of it. He is the fellow that wrote to you masquerading as 'Liam' and made all of the threats. He is, as you said, nothing more than a little Internet tyrant. A bully that gets away with it under "the rules".  He does a great job of professing to be the friendly forum, but does a poor job of putting it into practice.

Nelson put the rules in place for registering and for other admins such as GrumpyGator (**G**) and myself to follow when approving registrations. We had no choice in the matter.

At registration, everyone was required to register with their real name, but that information was never displayed to the membership. Only admins could see that information, not even moderators could see it. All anyone saw of your information was your screen name, what ever you chose, Gitano as I remember correctly.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that Gator and I went to bat for you and some other potential members against Nelson and his archaic rules and rude behavior. Because we defended you and a few others, we are no longer members or administrators at the Hobby-Machinist. Yes, Nelson banned us for trying to do the right thing for the sake of the membership. I only wanted to let you know that we are not at the root of your difficulties registering over there.

There is a chance that you might run into us elsewhere on the web, and I hope that you do not hold Gator responsible for only trying to follow what was laid out for him. I've known him for six years now and he is the kind of guy that would give you the world if he could. I hope that you can understand that this whole mess was Nelson's fault, not Gator's.

Feel free to contact me if you wish, I will not give you a rude brushoff like Nelson would. Sadly, you will no longer find me at the Hobby-Machinist, but will find me in places like metalworkingfun.com and vintagemachinery.com where they really know how to treat people.

Kind regards,

Terry Wermerskirchen (TerryWerm)
Jordan, MN

Former Admin at Hobby-Machinist.com

That, my friends, is class.

Here's my response:

Dear Terry,

Thank you very much for your explanation! Honestly, I'm a little stunned. I am SO glad to see that there are reasonable people 'out there' in the forum world that are striving for good behavior. I am truly sorry for your trouble on my behalf. You sound like the kind of people that might appreciate the atmosphere at The Hunters Life //www.thehunterslife.com. That's not an advertisement. It is simply that you have demonstrated the kind of good behavior that we promote at THL. You can 'drop in' THL and have a look around without registering, and there is nothing unavailable to lurkers/visitors.

Again, a most sincere thank you for your effort and for taking the time to write to me.

Sincerely,
Paul Skvorc

There ARE good people 'out there', and they're not ALL at THL! It would be great if Terry and 'Gator' were to become members of THL. They're THL-kinda people.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: