Spring Growth and Death - Rhubarb and Apple Trees

Started by gitano, April 24, 2018, 02:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

While I dearly love to 'grow things', I'm not much of a "gardener", preferring to grow plants that, as a general rule, take less "tending to" than garden plants. One of those plants I "like" is rhubarb! It's tough to kill, and it PRODUCES 'food' like crazy!

I always take my camera when I walk around my yard. (I like to photographically document things. It makes things easier to verify later when people are relying on their memories.) This spring was no different. While I had no intention of taking "time lapse" pictures, (and these are hardly time-lapse), I did get some "sequential-in-time" pictures of my rhubarb plants. The first date is April 12th, then the 19th and again on the 21st. I think these pictures testify to 1) how hardy rhubarb is, and 2) how "nice" a Spring we have had so far. (I have circled a common feature in each picture so you have a reference point.)

And

They are CRUISIN'!

On the other hand... this tree is dead. Guess how deep the snow was this year...
[/URL]
Not TOO worried about it as this is a sucker from a stump of a tree moose killed. There will be more suckers. I'll just have to protect them from the microtines next year. The mice chewed the bark off of one of my larger apple trees too, but they didn't girdle it. If it ain't mooses, it's meeses.:cens:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: