Polititions are very clever

Started by sakorick, May 07, 2018, 05:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Politicians are people who never  solve a problem, because it's better to still have an "issue(s) to be solved," so re-elect me to solve it, (which never happens) and those who have always played it safe (again, all politicians) not willing to risk failure, to try and achieve success(which never happens).
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I was talking with a retired wildlife biologist yesterday, and he happened to have been in the Palmer ADF&G office when I had a 'run-in' with his assistant over a fox that was killing my chickens and ducks. We, (me and the guy I was talking to last night), agreed that once a predator finds your 'place', be it a bear eating your sheep and cattle or a fox eating your birds, there's no realistic option but to kill the predator. To them, your hen-house is easy food - "free lunch" - and they'll be back until it's all gone, or you kill them. Politicians are predators that are eating at the free lunch of our taxes. They'll keep coming back until we kill them - metaphorically, of course.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Joe Beach raises Birmingham Rollers....Fascinating birds. One night an Owl broke into the coop and had consumed a goodly number of his championship flight. The 44 Mag barked....end of Owl. I called the Game and fish just out of curiosity and asked if I could shoot a pigeon thief. The fine was $1000 and I hung up.:smiley:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Had a bald eagle come by 'my place' and leave with one of my Blue Swede ducks in it's talons. It got away before I had a chance to 'do anything'. However, having 'evil thoughts', and KNOWING that bald eagles are 1) the national bird, and 2) raptors, I knew they were 'protected', so  I wanted to know just HOW 'protected' they were in case this one came back. $100,000 fine protected is how protected they are! You know what the "fine" for murder is? (Yes, there is a FINE for murdering someone.) It's $10,000. That's correct folks: You can murder someone and the fine is ONE TENTH of what it is if you were to kill a bald eagle! Fortunately for me and my ducks, that eagle never came back!

Paul

PS - Thought I should back my assertions up with citations. According to this citation https://www.fws.gov/midwest/eagle/protect/laws.html I was "off", sorta. Read for yourself.

Now I'll go get the "murder fine" citation.

Paul

In the state of California, for example, involuntary manslaughter carries a sentence of up to four years in jail and a maximum fine of $10,000. In the state of Florida, on the other hand, involuntary manslaughter penalties are even heftier, potentially carrying a sentence of up to 15 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

https://resources.lawinfo.com/criminal-defense/involuntary-manslaughter/involuntary-manslaughter-penalties-sentencing.html

California law, for instance, requires either 3, 6 or 11 years in prison. In Florida, however, manslaughter is considered a second-degree felony, resulting in a fine of up to $10,000
https://resources.lawinfo.com/criminal-defense/voluntary-manslaughter/voluntary-manslaughter-sentencing-penalties.html
So the MAXIMUM fine for VOLUNTARY manslaugter (killing someone in the "heat of passion") is $10,000.

There ARE fines for 2nd and 1st degree murder, but I'm not finding the citations readily, and I don't want to waste any more time on it.

The point is: You can be fined MORE for killing an animal than you can for killing a person.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

The penalties for violating fish & game laws in most states is obscene at best. One of my deceased friends in Maine once told me you cannot become a game warden in Maine until you pass the test to become  a rectum. ........Paul H

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Very like what my brother said to me while we were  out to visit a friend, I was driving on the M1 motorway and the official rep car (Vauxhall Cavalier) were noticed by the number of them and the somewhat dodgy manoeuvrers they were making, brother pipes up "You know, you have to prove you are a :cens: before they will let you have one of them..."
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Tags: